The Cochrane Research Institute (formerly the Cochrane Ecological Institute),
is devoted to the preservation of biodiversity,
the conservation of indigenous species
and the restoration of ecosystems.
The CRI achieves this mandate through three main areas:
- The development of non-intrusive survey methods to monitor habitat health and evaluate environmental impacts
- The implementation, involvement and support of field research and research facilities
- The conservation, breeding and reintroduction of endangered and extirpated species (flora and fauna)
- The rescue, rehabilitation and release of injured and orphaned wildlife
- Volunteer outreach programs and internships
- Public education
The activities of Cochrane Research Institute are funded by our pet care facility, Happytails Pet Retreat. Happytails also provides education opportunities for students at CRI.